Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 18.07.24 at 02:39 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « NS - Books of the year »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   NS - Books of the year
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: NS - Books of the year  (Read 1963 times)
Kevin Cryan
MV Fellow

I love Midnight Voices!

NS - Books of the year
« : 16.11.18 at 16:03 »

The best books of 2018

Hilary Mantel, Andrew Marr, Francis Fukuyama, Michael Sandel, Nicola Sturgeon, Clive James and many others choose their books of the year.

BY NEW STATESMAN  

Clive James

Quote:

As busy as a moribund man can be with my latest book of memoirs, I am pleased that Anne Applebaum’s contribution to global political analysis has insisted on making a wreck of my schedule. Not least because she writes with such clarity, a brain-curdling narrative such as her book Gulag (Penguin) is hard to put down. Her efforts are a reminder that women have often led the way when it comes to specifying the poisonous effects of the Soviet Union in its full Stalinist flower. Yevgenia Ginzburg and Nadezhda Mandelstam have found a worthy successor, perhaps they made her advent possible. Anyway, one can safely leave such questions to the scholars of the future. At this rate, at least half of them will be women. As Madame Mao was so keen to remind us, women, too, are capable of anything.

read on

Kevin Cryan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1542384238&start=0#0   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.